Wednesday, July 20, 2005

My Home Country is Screwed

The title of this post links to a page about God-King Bush's Supreme Court Nominee.

I don't fucking get it. How much worse does the country need to get before people wake the hell up and do something about it?

This is retarded. Bush has shown nothing but contempt for the Consitution and nothing but love for big business and war. He has charged the US into an unwinnable war, lied to the world (and worse, the Americans), bullied nations, fucked the environment with a chainsaw, set science in the US back years (chasing the real science off to China and other countries), ruined education, threatened Social Security, drafted our retired veterans, named a pro-torture psycho to Attourney General, given the top %5 of the US tax cuts, and... well, I'm sure the list goes on, but typing this tastes like poison.

I have never been so saddened and embarrassed to be an American. The country is nearly unrecognizable to me, someone who grew up after the Civil Rights and hippie movements. I seem to remember a nation that had liberty as its ideal, but I wonder how much of that was just me drinking the Kool-aid.

And every new day brings another straw, and the camel's back is snapped in half. Bush's White House Chief of Staff leaked the identity of an undercover CIA operative to the press to get back at her husband, who released counter-Bush information that spoke out against the rationale for the war in Iraq. That's a felony that could lead to 10 years or so in jail, and it endangers everyone the woman ever worked with in the entire world, as foreign government now can suspect them of spying. Bush originally said, "I will fire anyone found to have been involved in this leak," (not the actual quote; I imagine what he really said was more like "Blah blah, freedom blah, read me a story, blah blah.") but a day or two ago he backpedaled, saying something to the effect of, "I will fire whoever is convicted of this crime." We have evidence, including Karl Rove's lawyer's statement, that Rove did this, but Bush won't stop sucking Rove's dick without a conviction. And Bush's neocon loser supporters are all over this, saying, "This is all a liberal witch-hunt" and basically acting like US politics is a team sport. Oh, and Dick Cheney's aide "Scooter" Libby was also believed to have been involved in the leak. Note that both Libby and Rove denied their involvement before. Remember another presidential figure who recently got caught lying? What happened to him?

And now Bush nominates the human smoke screen Judge Roberts to the Supreme Court. Here I was, holding out hope that maybe Bush might do the right thing and nominate a moderate judge to take Sandra Day O'-fucking-moderate-Connor's seat when she retires, but it turns out that I'm stupid. How could I expect Bush to do the right thing and try to heal the huge divide between the left and right in the US? No, he has to keep reaching for power in the government.

Goddamnit, something has to change in my home country, or things will change suddenly and violently. As it is, Bush is doing everything wrong, as far as I'm concerned, and roughly half of Americans are eating it up and going, "Woo hoo!! Take that, Liberals!" like they should be proud that their homeland is being ruined.

Fucking retarded country. I can't wait for the EU to power up and start bringing the States back to Earth.